Security fixes in Extras

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Fri Jan 13 19:52:58 UTC 2006

Because I maintain a package (denyhosts) which contains a daemon that
runs continuously as root, the issue of how to handle security fixes
for packages in extras interests me greatly.

Some questions:

Is there any defined procedure for handling security fixes?

What if the maintainer is out of pocket?

If I need to push a security fix, is there a way to jump ahead in the
build queue and expedite the sign and push process?

Is there somewhere I could send an update announcement?

 - J<