Security fixes in Extras

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Fri Jan 13 21:46:07 UTC 2006

Jason L Tibbitts III (tibbs at math.uh.edu) said:
> So, assume for the sake of argument that the maintainer doesn't
> respond to the bug.  At what point does someone need to take action?
> Who takes that action?

I suppose it could be up to the Extras Steering Committee, or any
security team that they then designate.

> JB> There is no fedora-extras-announce list.
>
> Does this strike anyone else as a bad idea in the long run?
> extras-list is too high-volume to expect people to watch for security
> releases, and I doubt Red Hat wants to open up the more official
> announcement lists to the likes of me.

Hm. I suppose it's possible to do updates in that manner (fedora-announce-list)
Once we get the advisory format settled in the metadata, it should
be easy enough for somebody to whack up a quick system that sends
the mail & adds the data.

My main concern with opening up fedora-announce-list is that I wonder
if the increase of volume because of *non*-security updates would
clutter the list.

Bill