FYI: Discussion about "Mass rebuild of Fedora Extras before FC5 and how to handle orphaned packges for FC5" now fedora-extras-list

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun Jan 15 19:07:59 UTC 2006

Hi,

just a FYI that there is a discussion about the state of Fedora Extras
for Fedora Core 5 on fedora-extras-list currently. See this mail for
details:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2006-January/msg00936.html

If you have anything to say on the topic please reply in the thread and
not to this list so we have everything in one thread on one
mailinglist.

Here is the most important part for maintainers of packages in Fedora
Extras:

> Those people that have packages in Extras that were not rebuild in the
> past 5 months IMHO should kick of a rebuild as soon as possible, just to
> make sure everything still builds fine on FC5/rawhide. Note: Not all at
> once please, it must be possible for others to request builds in case
> they need to get a update with a security fix build.

Thanks for you attention.

CU
thl