Packaging guidelines: IPv6

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Jul 5 11:43:26 UTC 2006

Since we're going through all Fedora packages (well, at least Core for
now; I'm sure we'll get to Extras next) and filing bugs for any which
lack IPv6 support, should we also update the guidelines on the Wiki to
recommend that any package which supports Legacy IP should also be able
to use IPv6 and should do so 'out of the box' where appropriate?

Would anyone object if I amended the PackageReviewGuidelines to include
something along the lines of...

SHOULD: If any form of networking over IPv4 networking is supported, the
same functionality over IPv6 should also be supported, and should be
enabled by default if the IPv4 support is.

MUST: If IPv4 networking is supported, but for some reason the 'SHOULD
support IPv6' documented elsewhere is not obeyed, a bug must be opened
which should block the IPv6 tracker bug, and should contain a full
justification for the lack.

--
dwmw2