Packaging guidelines: IPv6

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Jul 5 14:19:11 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-05 at 09:48 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> 1. How the hell should I, as the packager, know this?

If you aren't capable of working it out, you really aren't the kind of
person who should be maintaining packages yet, until you've learned
more. Thl keeps setting himself forward as an example of a
non-programmer packager, but 'even' he is capable of basic stuff like
that.

> 2. I don't have access to any ipv6 networks - how and WHY should I
> test this?

Utter crap. Everyone has access to IPv6 networks -- it's trivial, even
in the US.

> 3. why is it my responsibility to document this

Because we expect a certain level of quality from Fedora packages -- or
at least I thought we did. I _thought_ we'd decided that Fedora Extras
wasn't going to just be a random second-rate dumping ground for crap,
but it was going to aspire to follow the same goals and achieve the same
quality as Fedora Core.

> and clutter up bugzilla?

'clutter up bugzilla'? Yeah, right. Now we're just getting silly, aren't
we?

--
dwmw2