Packaging guidelines: IPv6

Jima jima at beer.tclug.org
Wed Jul 5 14:28:09 UTC 2006

On Wed, 5 Jul 2006, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> It's even worse: All FE currently has is an "initial this looks sane
> enough" review. Once a package is in FE, there actually is no QA nor
> audit on packages at all. Nobody but the package owner is allowed to
> change packages. If he doesn't want to listen, nothing will happen,
> maintainers have all kind of freedom to commit all kind of stupidities
> they want.

  Huh?  If a packager is committing "all kinds of stupidities" (catchy
phrase, I like it) to their packages, someone's bound to notice in the
emails to fedora-extras-commits (unless the packager is *really* good at
hitting ^C at the right times!).  If not, someone might notice bizarre
behavior in the package and eyeball the CVS.  Once one of the stupidities
is discovered, they're free to submit a bug report on the package.  If the
packager fails to respond appropriately (or at all!) to the bug, I'm
fairly certain the next step of escalation would be to contact the
person's sponsor (which you should be able to find in the cvsextras group
in the Accounts system) with the information you have.  That sponsor then
can decide what the best path forward would be.
  See?  We have oversight.  If you do stupid things, you'll likely get
noticed doing so.  Another feature of Open Source.

      Jima