ambiguity in the guidelines

Christopher Stone chris.stone at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 06:28:38 UTC 2006

On 7/5/06, seth vidal <skvidal at linux.duke.edu> wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-07-05 at 22:50 -0700, Christopher Stone wrote:
>
> > It seems to me from this argument that it really is basically a
> > laziness issue.  Trying to claim it will "intentionally make others
> > suffer".
> >

> If you had 2 fields:
> First Name
> and
> Last Name
>
> and someone told you to add the address into "Last Name" b/c other
> people do it - would you think that an appropriate use of the field?

I see this more as:

If you had 2 fields:
General subject line
Change description

Would I divide "General subject line" into multiple fields even though
there was no technical necissity to do so at the moment, but would
provide for cleaner code to allow for features to possibly be more
easily added in the future?

hmm tough one, as I really like clean code, but I think I would leave
it as is for now since splitting the General subject line field using
a perl expression seems feasible and easy to do should the need arise
in the future.