ambiguity in the guidelines

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Jul 6 12:28:09 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-05 at 16:44 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 05, 2006 at 04:13:32PM -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> > I've read the guidelines and I don't see where it mandates the format of
> > the changelog lines.
>
> If it's worth anything at all, as a sysadmin, I find having (e:)v-r
> information in the changelog to be incredibly useful.

I agree. It's _extremely_ useful to have the version information in the
changelog. If it isn't in the guidelines, it _should_ be.

I don't care if we change things internally to get around the whining
pedantic objections, or if we continue to do it the way that almost
everyone has always done it anyway, but we _should_ include version
numbers in changelogs.

--
dwmw2