Packaging guidelines: IPv6

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Thu Jul 6 13:46:13 UTC 2006

On Thursday 06 July 2006 09:24, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> that's a good thing for RHEL... that doesn't mean it's relevant for
> Fedora Extras.....

This is just not about RHEL. There are a fair number of govt admins that use
Fedora Core as their platform - not RHEL.

I think that we should collectively look at this as a significant customer
setting the bar higher. We have a choice to jump over the bar or limbo under
it.

For years I've heard people all over the world ask when IPv6 will become the
standard...we are running out of IPv4 address space...etc. This is the call
to arms to do something about it. This is a chance to show that Linux is
ready and able to be deployed.

-Steve