Update of libvisual

Aurelien Bompard gauret at free.fr
Fri Jul 7 21:43:21 UTC 2006

Hey fellow maintainers,

I need version 0.4.0 of libvisual for the new version of Amarok. Repoquery
tells me that libvisual-plugins and gstreamer08-plugins depend on the
current version 0.2.0 in Extras.

I've tried to rebuild your packages with the new version. Libvisual-plugins
obviously needs to be updated to 0.4.0 too, but it is pretty
straightforward (both patches are included upstream now).

Unfortunately gstreamer08-plugins requires libvisual 0.2.0.

So I have two options :
 - if Brian considers the visual plugins are not very important in
gstreamer08-plugins (which is already a compatibility package), we could
update libvisual to 0.4.0, rebuild gstreamer08-plugins and  and drop
support of libvisual in it.
 - else I could create a compat-libvisual02 package, but I'd like to avoid
that if possible.

What do you think ?

Aurélien
http://aurelien.bompard.org  ~~~~  Jabber : abompard at jabber.fr
L'expérience est quelquechose que l'on acquiert
juste après en avoir eu besoin.