Drunk on power: FC1 and before.... [was: A Heads-Up: moving all FC3 bugs to "needinfo"]

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Tue Jul 11 17:18:46 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 02:09:35PM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> As I did with FC2 long ago, I'm going to go through and mark all open FC3
> bugs as "needinfo". This is a last-ditch attempt to make sure any of those
> that really need to be addressed by Fedora Legacy get the attention they
> need, and that anything still open that's still an issue in current releases
> doesn't get lost forever.

So, this seems to be going pretty well. Of the 1100+ bugs, only two angry
of helpful action.

So, I'm going to go and get the 148 FC1 bugs still open, which I never did.
That should be pretty straightforward -- I'll add the note that Legacy isn't
going to be doing FC1 for much longer either.

*Then*, there's the question of _before_ that. There's 1051 bugs in open
states attached to the "Red Hat Linux" and "Red Hat Linux Beta" products.
Obviously a lot of that isn't going to be helpful or interesting after all
these years -- and RHL9 is finally going out of Legacy support too. However,
it's possible that there's some overlooked important/useful/still-relevant
reports that would still apply to Fedora or RHEL.

Does it seem worth it to stir this up?