Drunk on power: FC1 and before.... [was: A Heads-Up: moving all FC3 bugs to "needinfo"]

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 17:24:30 UTC 2006

On 7/11/06, Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 02:09:35PM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> > As I did with FC2 long ago, I'm going to go through and mark all open FC3
> > bugs as "needinfo". This is a last-ditch attempt to make sure any of those
> > that really need to be addressed by Fedora Legacy get the attention they
> > need, and that anything still open that's still an issue in current releases
> > doesn't get lost forever.
>
> So, this seems to be going pretty well. Of the 1100+ bugs, only two angry
> of helpful action.
>
> So, I'm going to go and get the 148 FC1 bugs still open, which I never did.
> That should be pretty straightforward -- I'll add the note that Legacy isn't
> going to be doing FC1 for much longer either.
>
> *Then*, there's the question of _before_ that. There's 1051 bugs in open
> states attached to the "Red Hat Linux" and "Red Hat Linux Beta" products.
> Obviously a lot of that isn't going to be helpful or interesting after all
> these years -- and RHL9 is finally going out of Legacy support too. However,
> it's possible that there's some overlooked important/useful/still-relevant
> reports that would still apply to Fedora or RHEL.
>
> Does it seem worth it to stir this up?

Yes.. I did one of these back in 2001 where I went through the first
3000 tickets to see what was still available. A lot of the things were
still outstanding (I have 2 bugs in NEW state from RHL9 that may still
occur or were feature requests).

I would go with a 30-60 day NEEDINFO -> CLOSED. IF the problem is
still around and can be reproduced or the person hasnt changed to
Ubuntu because something hasnt had its state changed in 5 years...
then it should be managed from above after that.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
CSIRT/Linux System Administrator