Drunk on power: FC1 and before.... [was: A Heads-Up: moving all FC3 bugs to "needinfo"]

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 17:27:40 UTC 2006

On 7/11/06, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 July 2006 13:18, Matthew Miller wrote:
> > *Then*, there's the question of _before_ that. There's 1051 bugs in open
> > states attached to the "Red Hat Linux" and "Red Hat Linux Beta" products.
> > Obviously a lot of that isn't going to be helpful or interesting after all
> > these years -- and RHL9 is finally going out of Legacy support too.
> > However, it's possible that there's some overlooked
> > important/useful/still-relevant reports that would still apply to Fedora or
> > RHEL.
> >
> > Does it seem worth it to stir this up?
>
> My feeling is that once Legacy stops support for RHL (seems we decided later
> this year) that all the bugs could be closed WONTFIX.  If it doesn't come
> from a paying RH customer through RHEL support, it most likely won't get
> looked at for a RHEL update, and Fedora has moved so far beyond that it
> doesn't really matter.

I think that is sort of letting whoever didn't 'look' at it inside of
RH lightly. Some of those 'bugs' were feature requests and such that
were looked as being useful at one point for a future release.. A
WONTFIX could be the wrong answer in those cases. I think the
NEED_INFO -> WONTFIX / Relabel to more accurate info would be better.
[With the relabel being the person who opened the ticket if their
email address is still accurate etc.]

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
CSIRT/Linux System Administrator