Drunk on power: FC1 and before.... [was: A Heads-Up: moving all FC3 bugs to "needinfo"]

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Jul 11 18:18:11 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 11 July 2006 13:54, Matthew Miller wrote:
> Jesse, is this schedule documented in a table somewhere? I couldn't find
> it.
>
> (Also, could maybe http://fedoralegacy.org be made to redirect into the
> fedoraproject.org wiki?)

We haven't documented it.  The proposal was made at an IRC meeting and I
forwarded it to the fedora-legacy list and was giving it a week to stew.

<quote>
Fedora Core 1 and Fedora Core 2 go EOL (dropped by us) when we pick up Fedora
Core 4.  This follows our stated lifespan policy.

RHL7.3/9 get a staged death:  New issues (bugs) will be accepted until October
1st.  No new bugs after that mark.  Existing bugs will be resolved by Dec
31st or never resolved.
</quote>

So far I've not seen any real negative reactions to this schedule.

As far as the wiki, yes, I plan on moving some / all of fedoralegacy.org over
to fedoraproject.org.  Both wiki content and some stuff in Plone CMS.  But
that's a later task, after getting things like CVS working, and plague, and
publishing to the fedora updates directories, and.. and.. and... (:

Release Engineer: Fedora