Drunk on power: FC1 and before.... [was: A Heads-Up: moving all FC3 bugs to "needinfo"]

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Wed Jul 12 23:57:34 UTC 2006

On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 06:16:37PM -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote: Red Hat
> Linux was a Red Hat product, sold and supported; if we're going to close
> out bugs in that, we should really point to the official Red Hat, um,
> 'descendants.'

Yeah, but ignoring the business side (which I recognize as an important
side), CentOS is often the best choice for many people stuck on RHL 9 or
7.3. And my goal is really to do the best thing for the people who went to
all the trouble to report a bug.

> Actually, come to think of it, it probably should be a @redhat person
> doing the bug closing too.

I agree for the pre-7.3 (and the poor, lonely 8), but 7.3 and 9 are
currently maintained by Legacy, so I don't feel bad about putting them into
NEEDINFO. If a Red Hat person would do the actual closing in early 2007,
that'd be cool.

Does someone @redhat want to do the honors on the ancient ones sometime
soon?