Drunk on power: FC1 and before.... [was: A Heads-Up: moving all FC3 bugs to "needinfo"]

Jose' Matos jamatos at fc.up.pt
Thu Jul 13 05:58:38 UTC 2006

On Thursday 13 July 2006 00:57, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 06:16:37PM -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote: Red Hat
>
> > Linux was a Red Hat product, sold and supported; if we're going to close
> > out bugs in that, we should really point to the official Red Hat, um,
> > 'descendants.'
>
> Yeah, but ignoring the business side (which I recognize as an important
> side), CentOS is often the best choice for many people stuck on RHL 9 or
> 7.3. And my goal is really to do the best thing for the people who went to
> all the trouble to report a bug.

  With all the due respect Matthew but if people don't know CentOS by now, I
don't think that it is a bugzilla entry that will make any difference.

  For completeness what you are trying to do makes sense, in practical terms I
doubt about the efficacy of it.

  Please take this as constructive critic that it is, I appreciate the work
that you doing. :-)

--
José Abílio