A request for Core maintainers: please check your FC4 bugs before it's gone.

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Thu Jul 13 17:33:20 UTC 2006

As I'm sure everyone Core developer knows (and probably can't wait for), FC4
is going to Legacy in a couple of weeks.

I know it's pretty much the definition of Not Fun At All, but if you have
some time, could ya'll go through your open FC4 issues and 1) make sure all
security bugs are resolved and 2) knock off low-hanging fruit if possible
and 3) resolve any serious-but-non-security issues you can? And then
actually get updates pushed?

*Especially* cases which were filed a long time ago -- people went to the
trouble of reporting bugs, and while the "saved by the bell! school's out!
no more updates for this release!" solution is sometimes a relief for
overworked package maintainers, it's *incredibly* frustrating for the bug
reporters.

Sure, we'll try to get people on newer releases, but for Fedora to be a
viable option in the enthusiast space beyond the absolute geekiest, Legacy
is important, and it be a nice gesture to the community for the release to
be as clean as (reasonably) possible (given the circumstances).