lzo 2.02 soname change update coming up (devel only)

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Wed Jul 26 20:47:11 UTC 2006

Steven Pritchard wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 26, 2006 at 01:14:53PM +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
>> I will tag and build lzo-2.02-1 (for devel only) coming Sunday at circa
>> 9u00 CET. Once build successfully. I'll send another mail to all people
>> who received this mail that it has been build and that they can rebuild
>> their packages against it. With some luck this will result in us not
>> having any broken deps in the repo.
>
> Would it maybe be a good idea to make a compat-lzo package?  There are
> also a few livna packages that require lzo, and I would be really
> surprised if there weren't a few users linking local stuff against it.
>
> Steve

As I already wrote in my mail coordination with that other repo is taken
care off. As for user linking local stuff against it, bad luck. Remember
this is only going into devel. User can expect soname changes when
upgrading to a new FC release, this happens in core too. I know core
provides some compat libs, but only for the most often used libs like
ncurses. libstdc++ etc.

Regards,

Hans