Re: Packaging guidelines: IPv6

seth vidal wrote:
On Wed, 2006-07-05 at 12:43 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:

Would anyone object if I amended the PackageReviewGuidelines to include
something along the lines of...

SHOULD: If any form of networking over IPv4 networking is supported, the
same functionality over IPv6 should also be supported, and should be
enabled by default if the IPv4 support is.

MUST: If IPv4 networking is supported, but for some reason the 'SHOULD
support IPv6' documented elsewhere is not obeyed, a bug must be opened
which should block the IPv6 tracker bug, and should contain a full
justification for the lack.

requiring functionality in software is not part of the requirements for
PACKAGING the software.

Keep in mind the "MUST" proposal is only to *document* (via bugzilla) IPv6 deficiency. Personally, I consider this a good thing.

-- Rex