Re: ambiguity in the guidelines

On Wed, 2006-07-05 at 16:30 -0400, seth vidal wrote:

> the tag name in the rpm header is:
>
> changelogname
>
> notice it doesn't say 'changelogname and other arbitrary crap'

But "name" of a changelog entry is ambiguous.  createrepo takes the
position of calling it the author of the changelog entry, which was
surprising to me in our discussion a couple of years ago, and you seemed
to understand that point of view:

https://lists.dulug.duke.edu/pipermail/rpm-metadata/2004-July/000397.html
https://lists.dulug.duke.edu/pipermail/rpm-metadata/2004-July/000398.html
https://lists.dulug.duke.edu/pipermail/rpm-metadata/2004-July/000399.html

Has something changed since, like the purpose of changelogname
documented to have a certain official meaning?
changelogname->changelogauthor could be called overloading or narrowing
too... ;)