Re: ambiguity in the guidelines

The way I see it is that Fedora packages and Fedora packagers should
strive to have the best spec files possible.

If providing a version number in the changelog makes it easier for
users of the package in any way then it should be added to spec files.

I don't see this as an overloading of a tag issue, I see this as a
packager being lazy issue.  Just my wooden nickle.