ambiguity in the guidelines

Christopher Stone chris.stone at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 02:21:45 UTC 2006

On 7/5/06, seth vidal <skvidal at linux.duke.edu> wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-07-05 at 18:58 -0700, Christopher Stone wrote:
>
> > We understand your point that it is redundant information, but I think
> > the better solution is to provide a source patch to fix rpm, or file a
> > bug against rpm and place the extra information in the changelog in
> > the meantime.
>
> I never said it was redundant info. I said it was in the wrong place, in
> an overloaded field.

So are you suggesting that the changelog section be broken up into
different fields?  If it is just a field name you are concerned about
you could break the changelog line into seperate fields and call each
field by a different name.

Do you agree that historical release information is useful to have
available from an rpm query command?