Re: ambiguity in the guidelines

> I agree. It's _extremely_ useful to have the version information in the
> changelog. If it isn't in the guidelines, it _should_ be.

In my opinion the issue is not whether the version should be in the changelog
or not, but maybe how it should be in the changelog. Should we enforce
that the version has to be on the author/date line, or could it be acceptable
to have it in the changelog comments?

In any case I think everybody agree or don't disagree that having the
version somewhere in the changelog is a good thing and it should be in
the guidelines.

--
Pat