Packaging guidelines: IPv6

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Jul 6 12:58:16 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-05 at 13:44 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> except the onus of explaining what was broken was not on the packager.

I don't like the word 'packager' -- it's ambiguous.

If the 'package maintainer' is really only a 'package-monkey' and isn't
capable of getting the problem fixed or _even_ providing a coherent
explanation of why IPv6 support isn't present, why the package doesn't
compile on PowerPC/x86_64, or whatever the problem is, then they really
aren't someone we want to be responsible for a package in Fedora. Let
them contribute, by all means, but do not let them own and be solely
responsible for packages.

--
dwmw2