Re: Packaging guidelines: IPv6

On 7/5/06, David Woodhouse <dwmw2 infradead org> wrote:

> We don't have i18n requirements for extras software, either.

Perhaps we should? I thought we at least required that they join us in
the 21st century and operate correctly with UTF-8. Do we have _no_
written guidelines on the quality of the software we accept to be
packaged?

Well first, what do you mean by code quality? That can mean anything
from "Uses XZY blessed coding style", "Uses AGH technique so that
formal methods can be used to confirm correctness of each routine", to
"Dude, it compiled with ' -Wall -Wextra -pedantic-errors' without any
crashes."

Other questions that seem to come out of this are:

What coding knowledge must a maintainer have?
What hardware/software/network access must a maintainer have?

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
CSIRT/Linux System Administrator