Re: bugzilla issue: my bulk-change powers foiled! [was Re: A Heads-Up: moving all FC3 bugs to "needinfo"]

Any change is always better using the UI for couple reasons. One, it
does proper email notification if the change is important to others, and
two it updates all of the different activity tables so that proper
history is maintained. It is possible to do some changes from a script
or direct db access but then you have to remember to update all of the
other places that need it as well and not just the values in the main
bugs table. I have thought about adding a checkbox to the multiple bug
edit form that will essentially disable email notifications for those
who just want to make a simple change but generate unnecessary spam. But
that functionality is not there yet.

Dave

--
David Lawrence, RHCE  dkl redhat com