Re: Core Packages in Violation of the Fedora Naming Guidelines

On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 12:27:08AM -0500, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
> Ehh. The standard says no, because:
> - Its easy to get it wrong.
> - It leads to things like .fc5 packages in the devel branch

This could be considered *good*. Then it is obvious that the package needs
fixing.

But alternately, how about "one can hardcode the disttag in old releases
only?" That's where it makes more sense for the case I'm suggesting, anyway.

> - It opens the door to arguments like "if i can hardcode .fc6, why can't
> I hardcode .omg.wtf.bbq also" ?

I can't? Damn.