Core Packages in Violation of the Fedora Naming Guidelines

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Wed Jul 12 14:45:23 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-12 at 09:29 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> [blah-1.fc3.1]
> NM> It was never proper and never made it to the official naming
> NM> guidelines
>
> Then someone needs to provide a way to bump the FC3 build of a package
> without forcing version bumps for FC4, FC5, FC6, etc.  You've just
> shot down the only thing that could possibly allow that.

It is worth noting that right now, there is no documented way of doing
this. It also stands to reason that this is something the Fedora
Packaging Committee should try to resolve. I've put it on the agenda to
discuss this week.

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Technical Team Lead || GPG ID: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!