Re: Core Packages in Violation of the Fedora Naming Guidelines

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
My own private rpms that are only good for a certain release have a

BuildRequires: %{dist} == fc4 # change to appropriate buildsystem name for FC4

This way I know that it will not build on something else, and I don't
have to rely on the intelligence of others to understand my stupidity.

 1: I imagine you meant ".fc4" in the BR above?
2. Another option is to BR "%{fedora} == 4"; I believe it's just as well-supported in the buildsys as %{dist}. (I used some similar mojo, as suggested by Dennis Gilmore, in my dnsmasq package.)

     Jima