Re: Core Packages in Violation of the Fedora Naming Guidelines

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006, Peter Gordon wrote:
Correct. A prerelease version would use the to-be version in the Version
tag, and 0.RELEASE.PRE-RELEASE-TAG; so that the official upstread release
would be the "first" ("-1") release of the package.

 I thought so, but wanted to get that bit of dirty laundry aired.

Take a look at the wiki's Packaging/NamingGuidelines page, especially the
"Pre-Release packages" section, for more information.

I did before asking, actually; the question was mainly to verify that that was still an exception to the recommendation.

     Jima