Core Packages in Violation of the Fedora Naming Guidelines

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Wed Jul 12 21:05:36 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-12 at 16:58 -0400, Fernando Nasser wrote:

> And for what?  What are the technical advantages that will be obtained
> with this change?  If we knew what effect wants to be obtained we could
> perhaps think together in a better way to solve it.

Consistency, cleanliness, and organization.

If we permit this off the wall naming scheme which violates the Fedora
Naming Guidelines for the Java packages, we open the door for every
other possible group to abuse the namespace.

I'm willing to put this in front of the Fedora Packaging Committee for a
vote, but I fully intend to vote against it.

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Technical Team Lead || GPG ID: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!