Re: Drunk on power: FC1 and before.... [was: A Heads-Up: moving all FC3 bugs to "needinfo"]

Matthew Miller (mattdm mattdm org) said:
> On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 06:16:37PM -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote: Red Hat
> > Linux was a Red Hat product, sold and supported; if we're going to close
> > out bugs in that, we should really point to the official Red Hat, um,
> > 'descendants.'
>
> Yeah, but ignoring the business side (which I recognize as an important
> side), CentOS is often the best choice for many people stuck on RHL 9 or
> 7.3. And my goal is really to do the best thing for the people who went to
> all the trouble to report a bug.

Yeah, but really, these could very well be bugs from people who paid Red
Hat money. The more I think about it, I feel it's best that someone from
Red Hat take the task to do this, as it's really our responsiblity.

Heck, I'll do it, but it may not be tonight.

Bill