Re: Core Packages in Violation of the Fedora Naming Guidelines

On Mon, 2006-07-17 at 21:22 -0400, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
> Jesse Keating <jkeating redhat com> writes:
>
> > You as a person need to sign the CLA.  We started requiring this a
> > short while ago so that the content could be reused.
>
> How interesting.  Many corporate employees, including AFAIK those at
> Red Hat, rarely hold intellectual property that is not automatically
> signed over to the employer.  Have you received competent advice that
> a CLA from such a person is actually worth anything?

That depends on state law as well.  Some states do not allow this.

Legalese aside, I believe it is worth doing for Red Hat employees
anyway.  It's important.  And it also means everyone is on the same
playing field when it comes to our community driven distro.

josh