Re: Development/Libraries/Java Group?

FN> Java is an architecture that includes distributed components and
FN> several things like that.  More to the level of CORBA and, excuse
FN> me for the word, .NET.

OK, well they don't have separate package groups either.

FN> So, it is not a language like Perl or Python but a complete
FN> subsystem.

I'm sorry, I think I've taken a wrong turn at Albuquerque and wandered
onto the Sun marketing list.

Back to reality, it seems to me to be imminently reasonable that Java
should have its own package group because there are a quantity of
packages associated with it, but to argue that Java alone deserves
such treatment while other languages in the same situation don't
because they're not "subsystems" seems, well, odd.

 - J<