some minor Core pruning

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Tue Jun 13 01:57:27 UTC 2006

Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> writes:
> I thought (wrongly?) that mysqlclient10 was still around because of
> the MySQL LGPL -> GPL license change.

Hm, that's a good point I had forgotten about.  Red Hat Legal eventually
determined that we (RH) had no cases where we couldn't link apps to the
newer mysql libraries, in view of the GPL exceptions that MySQL AB
published.  But there very likely are customers out there with different
requirements.

But as already mentioned, these are issues for RHEL not Fedora.  If you
don't mind pulling RHEL5 bits from Extras, there's no reason not to push
these two packages to Extras.

			regards, tom lane