some minor Core pruning

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Tue Jun 13 13:37:20 UTC 2006

On Monday 12 June 2006 21:38, Michael J. Knox wrote:
> > Not sure. Probably worth some investigation.
>
> I have a rawhide tree here, I will see what I can break.

Thanks for looking at this guys. In most cases, you can just change the
automake BR to automake or automake16. I did find the occasional package that
needed its .am files patched, but I think I submitted patches for the worst
ones 2 years ago.

I was also wondering about byacc. Is it needed for anything that bison can't
cover? In many cases, the configure script will look for both and chose which
ever it finds. In a couple places, Makefiles had to be patched to use

bison -y

but otherwise the substitution works fine.

-Steve