more Core dependency data

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Jun 23 12:43:53 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-23 at 07:37 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:

> Remember that moving packages from Core to Extras isn't necessarily a
> 5
> minute task.  It needs a maintainer, and that maintainer has to have
> gotten sponsored according to the Extras process.  And since Red Hat
> engineers are not automatically sponsored, it requires extra effort
> from
> them to move it if they wish to continue to maintain it.  That may
> also
> be a reason for some resistance.
>
> Do I think this is a reason to not move packages?  Certainly not.
> It's
> just an observation.

Sure, for the first package there is some extra work involved.  I try to
help out when a RH engineer is trying to break into Extras.

And yeah, different build system means more to learn, but for myself I
keep two source dirs, one for rh internal, one for extras.  the
structure is the same, make tag, make build works the same, I get emails
when my builds finish, its all pretty much the same.

I'm curious if its the first hurdle that's causing the resistance.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora