some minor Core pruning

Michael J. Knox michael at knox.net.nz
Tue Jun 27 23:46:36 UTC 2006

David Woodhouse wrote:
[snip]

> The default MTA should be included in Core, and the others should be in
> Extras unless they provide functionality which isn't available from the
> default MTA.

[snip]

+1 on that reasoning. However, the road to a concluse agreement on which
app to provide the said functionality in core, I doubt, will be easy :)

But then again... does it really matter? The goal is to have the lines
between FE and FC to be pretty much transparent for the end user, so
when I build a server and install postfix if it comes from FE instead of
FC I couldn't care

Michael