Fw: fedora legacy broken upgrade paths (was: Broken upgrade paths inFC+FE 2006-06-28)

David Eisenstein deisenst at gtw.net
Fri Jun 30 03:13:30 UTC 2006

Hi Chris,

Thought you might wish to be aware of the following for current Fedora Core releases... it looks like we in Legacy botched up the upgrade path for the current Mozilla product, Mozilla-1.7.13-xxxx.

Might we be able to figure out a way to overcome this?  Also-- as we in Legacy work on other formerly-core packages, do you, Chris, or you, Josh, or any of you on this mailing list have any suggestions on what we need to do to coordinate our package naming so we don't botch up any future upgrade paths?

Incidentally, Chris or Josh:  Is there any news about the Mozilla-1.7.13 backports I have been given to understand you are working with to fix the most critical of the Mozilla vulnerability issues?  Once there are Mozilla-1.7.13 packages released for RHEL, are there plans to subsequently release similar packages for FC5, FC6, rawhide?

Thanks a bunch in advance!

    Warm Regards,

    David Eisenstein