Isn't it time for the encrypted file system???

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 19:06:47 UTC 2006

On 3/23/06, Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh at redhat.com> wrote:
> Laptops have becoming the standard machine for people, replacing the
> desktop.   We need to consider defaulting FC6 with encrypted filesystem
> or at least homedirs out of the box.  This should be a key feature of FC6.

I'm not against the idea of encrypted home directories... even as
defaults. But please can we make sure if this is going to happen there
is an easily digestable option at install time to disable this?  And
is there an easy mechanim to revert back to an unencrypted system
later (after a legit authing step of course)?

-jef