Isn't it time for the encrypted file system???

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Fri Mar 24 09:02:46 UTC 2006

Le Jeu 23 mars 2006 20:05, seth vidal a écrit :

> if I were in the same position I would, of course, use encrypted file
> systems - but to have that overhead for the default is a bit extreme.
>
> Sounds like the IT group in corporation needs to stop being so naive.

What I find naïve is continuing to believe security can be special-cased.
Do you think company users bother to report every single
security-sensitive documents they manipulate ? Do you think home users
think about it ?

Either you do it for everyone and it has a chance to be in place when
it'll really be needed or you shouldn't bother at all. The kind of
bureaucracy that would be needed to identify exactly what bits needed to
be protected is just never going to happen.

--
Nicolas Mailhot