Post/Pre install/uninstall script failures in fc5-extras packages on x86_64

Phil Knirsch pknirsch at redhat.com
Mon May 15 17:26:45 UTC 2006

Hi folks.

I've ran a rather long running check to see if the fc5-extras packages
have any post/pre install/uninstall script problems.

It's the same test i run a while ago for fc4. Almost all script failures
are fixed there, so i though i rerun the same test on the extras
packages now.

Here a quick summary list of the affected packages and the required
fixes. All are simple specfile changes, so no big deal. I'll put the
whole logfiles on my http://people.redhat.com/pknirsch webpage in the
next few days:

boa-0.94.14-0.4.rc21.fc5.x86_64
  - Missing PreReq: chkconfig

bwbar-1.2.2-4.x86_64
  - Missing PreReq: chkconfig

Canna-3.7p3-15.fc5.x86_64
  - Missing PreReq: shadow-utils

clamav-update-0.88-2.fc5.x86_64
  - Missing groupadd clamav
or
  - Missing PreReq: clamav-data

compat-wxGTK-devel-2.4.2-17.fc5.x86_64
  - Missing PreReq: coreutils

ddclient-3.6.6-1.fc5.noarch
  - Missing PreReq: chkconfig, coreutils

exim-4.61-2.fc5.x86_64
  - Missing directories /usr/share/ssl/certs and /usr/share/ssl/privates,
    need to be created prior to running openssl req

fish-1.12.0-1.fc5.x86_64
  - Missing PreReq: coreutils, grep

fonts-hebrew-fancy-0.101-2.fc5.noarch
  - Missing PreReq: fontconfig

fpc-2.0.2-4.fc5.x86_64
  - Missing PreReq: coreutils, gawk, gcc

graphviz-2.8-3.fc5.x86_64
  - Missing PreReq: coreutils

ifplugd-0.24-6.x86_64
  - Missing PreReq: chkconfig

kannel-1.4.0-8.fc5.x86_64
  - Missing PreReq: chkconfig

monotone-server-0.26-1.fc5.x86_64
  - Missing PreReq: chkconfig

nethack-3.4.3-9.fc5.x86_64
  - Missing PreReq: xorg-x11-font-utils

nsd-2.3.3-7.fc5.x86_64
  - Missing PreReq: chkconfig

plt-scheme-301-2.fc5.x86_64
  - Even on 64bit machines /usr/lib/plt/install is called, needs to be
/usr/lib64/plt/install on those machines though.

pop-before-smtp-1.36-2.noarch
  - Missing PreReq: chkconfig

sblim-cmpi-base-1.5.4-3.fc5.x86_64
  - If no cimserver is running the script complains that it can't
deregister the providers in the preuninstall script.

slib-3a1-5.1.noarch
  - Missing PreReq: coreutils

snort-2.4.4-3.fc5.x86_64
  - Missing PreReq: chkconfig

t1lib-5.1.0-6.fc5.x86_64
  - Missing PreReq: coreutils, findutils

thttpd-2.25b-10.fc5.x86_64
  - Missing PreReq: chkconfig

torque-localhost-2.1.0p0-0.7.200604171430cvs.fc5.x86_64
  - /var/torque/server_priv/serverdb already exists during preinstall,
probably created by some of the other scripts of the required torque
packages.

vnstat-1.4-5.x86_64
  - Missing PreReq: shadow-utils

xpilot-ng-server-4.7.2-6.fc5.x86_64
  - Missing PreReq: chkconfig

Would be great if the specific owners of those packages could include
the fixes in their newer versions.

Thanks,

Read ya, Phil

--
Philipp Knirsch      | Tel.:  +49-711-96437-470
Development          | Fax.:  +49-711-96437-111