Fedora Core package cleanup project

Florian La Roche laroche at redhat.com
Tue May 16 10:15:52 UTC 2006

On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 05:35:45PM -0500, Matt Domsch wrote:
> On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 11:29:36PM +0200, Florian La Roche wrote:
> > another good test would be to check the dependencies (Provides:/Requires:)
> > of the new rpm packages against the existing packages. Some packages
> > might still compile, but have less complete content if we move to the
> > smaller mock buildroots compared to the more complete buildroots we use
> > right now.
>
> rpmdiff does this:
>
> rpmdiff libacl-2.2.34-1.2.x86_64.rpm
> added      REQUIRES libacl.so.1()(64bit)
>
> rpmdiff jpilot-0.99.8-5.x86_64.rpm
> removed    REQUIRES libcrypto.so.6()(64bit)
>
> I'd be worried most about these that are removed...
>
> Here's a list by package name for things added or removed.
> http://linux.dell.com/files/fedora/FixBuildRequires/mock-results/rpmdiff-added-or-removed.log

Ok, the data is all available in the above url and seems quite a few
BuildRequires: are missing. (By the way: a similar check can be done
to use a "everything" buildroot and check what additional libs get
picked up by configure-scripts. Usually we only have very few packages
showing any difference.)

> It's 217K, so I won't attach it here, but it looks like the below list...

Good list to find missing BuildRequires:

regards,

Florian La Roche