compiz /beryl Fwd: [Ambassadors] Sharing Experiences with you !

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Wed Nov 1 16:55:20 UTC 2006

Hai there,
Below is a mail from a french ambassador,

-------------------------
 We are glad to share with you all the experiences we had during the
French Install Parties that hapened this month.

 - Lille (2006 oct 21st):

     - We were 4 Ambassadors in Lille.
     - Lots of people liked the 3d effect, this is a major point to
promote in Fedora.
[...]

 - Paris (2006 oct 28th):

[...]
 The keys elements for the presentation and Fedora promotion are :
      - 3D Desktop Effects (All Fedora users and all people like it).
[...]

Now, my question is whether fedora will stick with compiz or beryl ?

beryl offers more features than compiz and is a community based
project. For what I've heard it's difficult to send patches to compiz
devs.

chitlesh
--
http://clunixchit.blogspot.com