compiz /beryl Fwd: [Ambassadors] Sharing Experiences with you !

Roland Wolters wolters.liste at gmx.net
Thu Nov 2 12:01:10 UTC 2006

Once upon a time Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
> On 11/1/06, Roland Wolters < hidden > wrote:
> However, I did a fc kde installation only without gnome-desktop. Now
> to install compiz, yum had to suck up the gnome-desktop and its
> dependencies  (38 packages).

Same here, but that is only due to the fact that no one stood up and built a
KDE backend for the Compiz configuration: it is plugin based, and according
to the developer you can perfectly replace the gnome backend.

So lets wait a bit, chance is that someone comes up with a solution for that
problem.

Roland
--
Ich blubber im Kreis.