dist-hg proof-of-concept ready for use

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Nov 6 19:32:35 UTC 2006

On Monday 06 November 2006 14:26, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> While at it: I always wondered why "FC-6" in CVS is written in uppercase
> and why it also contains a hyphen -- why don't we switch to what we use
> as disttag already (e.g. "fc6) with the new VCS?

The branch names came WELL before the existence of a dist tag.  I don't know
the origins within Red Hat, but it's been this way for a LONG time, RHL-7_0
exists in some internal modules.

As to why I didn't change it, mostly because I want there to be as little
impact/change as possible with the new VCS.  Getting a new VCS in place
ALLOWS us to investigate other changes, made possible by a more capable VCS.
However if we try to change too many things at once it all falls down in
shambles.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora