dist-hg proof-of-concept ready for use

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Nov 8 18:18:07 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 08 November 2006 13:06, Andrew Overholt wrote:
> Perhaps.  Our group doesn't have the time or peoplepower to do this,
> though.  Perhaps the various attempts at writing these plugins will pan
> out.

Code doesn't just have to come from your group (:

> > Many upstream
> > projects are transitioning to either git, or hg because of the
> > distributedness of it, something you can't get from CVS or SVN.
>
> I don't personally see the need for the distributedness when it comes to
> Fedora packaging stuff.  But perhaps I'm missing something.

Nope, you're not missing anything.  Eclipse plugins for git or hg would have
far more usefullness than just for Fedora's packaging stuff.  Many other
developers for other upstream projects could take advantage of such plugins.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora