dist-hg proof-of-concept ready for use

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Thu Nov 9 00:05:23 UTC 2006

On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 01:06:02PM -0500, Andrew Overholt wrote:

 > > Many upstream
 > > projects are transitioning to either git, or hg because of the
 > > distributedness of it, something you can't get from CVS or SVN.
 >
 > I don't personally see the need for the distributedness when it comes to
 > Fedora packaging stuff.  But perhaps I'm missing something.

A bigger advantage isn't necessarily the 'distributedness', but
that you can do offline commits, or review commit logs, annotate etc
all without a network connection.

It's incredibly useful whilst travelling to be able to keep hacking
on stuff, making a load of commits, reverting stuff, looking up changes etc,
and then sync up when you get network again.

		Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk