db4 is now updated to 4.5.20 and compat-db to 4.3.29

Jindrich Novy jnovy at redhat.com
Sat Nov 11 08:39:36 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-11-11 at 08:17 +0000, Joe Orton wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 11, 2006 at 07:43:35AM +0100, Jindrich Novy wrote:
> > On Fri, 2006-11-10 at 22:20 +0100, Tomas Mraz wrote:
> > > I've also noticed that License tag in spec contains GPL for the db4
> > > which doesn't seem correct to me. Jindrich could you fix that as well?
> >
> > Thanks for noticing this. I'll switch the license to BSDish in the next
> > build.
>
> The BDB license is a copyleft-ish license, it's not really BSDish.

The license for compat-db is defined as BSDish in the compat-db.spec, so
I assume the same for the db4. The GPL as a license for db4 was probably
set in the spec file by mistake at least since RHL-7.2 as far as I can
see from CVS.

I had a look into the LICENSE file for both compat-db and db4 and they
both seem to have BSD styled licenses:

http://www.opensource.org/licenses/bsd-license.php

IANAL though.

Jindrich