dist-hg proof-of-concept ready for use

Christopher Blizzard blizzard at redhat.com
Mon Nov 13 04:15:26 UTC 2006

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Sunday 12 November 2006 18:59, Christopher Blizzard wrote:
>> I talked with Vlad over at Mozilla about hg vs git.  They are probably
>> going to go with hg because the performance difference between the two
>> on windows is just stunning, even though hg is written in python.  hg
>> also has a single .exe installer and is easier to get up and running.
>
> Thanks Chris.  And before anybody barks about Fedora not caring about our
> package scm on Windows, we actually do, as a lot of our translators are on
> Windows based systems and we'd like to make it easier for them to get
> translations into package builds.

I was also talking to Dan about this tonight.  He likes git more because
it apparently has better merge behaviour?  I guess the version they were
using before would just dump stack traces when there were problems.  I
would love to hear more real-world data like that.

On that note, it would be good if tools like translations really did
work well on windows.  What tools do people use today?

--Chris